This is an online mini MBA* course leading to a Certificate Program in Customer Retention Strategies, approved by the Government of India, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Program Overview :
In a globalized economy, with so many options available for Customers today, managing customer relations and retaining customers for life is becoming more challenging day by day. Customer Retention Strategies that will include a solid sales process, training sales organization, and developing an effective CRM (Customer Relationship Management) strategy, are critical steps to achieving this goal. The myBSkool course in Customer Retention Strategies helps participants to understand the customer’s psychology, how they can develop and deploy a customer retention strategy by building a customer-focused culture within their organization and implementing key strategies for success. Participants will learn how to develop a strong, consistent and successful corporate strategy and sales organization that's focused on customer acquisition and retention.
Customer Retention Strategies
- Explain What is Customer Retention
- Explain What is Customer Loyalty
- Describe the Drivers of Customer Loyalty
- Describe the Various Customer Loyalty Breakers
- Explain What is Customer Satisfaction
- Explain Attrition and Silent Attrition
- Describe the Various Customer Retention Strategies
- Explain the Determinants of Customer Retention
- Explain Methods and Tools for Customer Retention
- Explain Principles of Retention Management
- Explain What is Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)
- Explain the Need of Relationship with Customers
- Explain How to Use Strategic CRM for Retention
- Explain the Myths of Customer Retention
- List the Challenges of Customer Retention
- The duration of the final Test will be 1 hour i.e 60 mins comprising 60 MCQs.
- This Test will open up only after the duration of the course (30 or 60 days as the case may be) is completed.
- Students may take up the Test within 10 calendar days from the date of completion of course.
- If not taken within the stipulated time period mentioned above, the Test will lapse.
- Student will have to apply for Re-Test by paying Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred Only).
- Re-Test will be open for another 10 calendar days, from the date of application.
- A minimum of 50% is required to secure a pass in the Test. Else a student has to re-attempt. For every such attempt Rs.500 exam fee is applicable.
Successful candidates will be provided with Government of India recognised certification from the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreunership through NIESBUD http://www.niesbud.nic.in
* Mini-MBA is a term used by many institutions to describe a training regimen focused on the fundamentals of business management. Mini-MBA programs are typically non-credit bearing programs that require less than 100 hours of total learning. Mini MBA at mybskool.com is only a name given to a Capsule Program and is not a degree from any University or Business School.