This is an online mini MBA* course leading to a Certificate Program in Cost Management, approved by the Government of India, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Program Overview :
Faced with a competitive market, there is an ever increasing pressure on revenue. Any Organization today, including large corporates are struggling to achieve results in this particular area of Operations. Hence there is a great demand for Professionals with skills and certification in Cost Management. Cost management brings with it a trap wherein the managers fail to identify the costs that can be controlled without harming the bottom line. This course will offer participants an in-depth understanding of the components and behaviour of cost leading to introduction of contemporary tools for deciding on achievable cost reduction targets.
This course is designed primarily for those managers/supervisors within the finance function who need to strengthen their cost control and management capabilities. Those who are responsible for budgeting, financial planning, financial control, credit management, accounting as well as any finance professional who has an interest in controlling the cash flow for their organization will certainly benefit.
- Introduction to cost management
- Basic cost management concepts
- Cost behaviour
- Activity based costing
- Product and service costing - A process systems approach
- Product and service costing - Job order system
- Allocating costs of support department and joint products
- Budgeting for planning and control
- Standard costing - A functional based control function
- Decentralization, Responsibility accounting performance evaluation and transfer pricing
- The duration of the final Test will be 1 hour i.e 60 mins comprising 60 MCQs.
- This Test will open up only after the duration of the course (30 or 60 days as the case may be) is completed.
- Students may take up the Test within 10 calendar days from the date of completion of course.
- If not taken within the stipulated time period mentioned above, the Test will lapse.
- Student will have to apply for Re-Test by paying Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred Only).
- Re-Test will be open for another 10 calendar days, from the date of application.
- A minimum of 50% is required to secure a pass in the Test. Else a student has to re-attempt. For every such attempt Rs.500 exam fee is applicable.
Successful candidates will be provided with Government of India recognised certification from the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreunership through NIESBUD http://www.niesbud.nic.in
* Mini-MBA is a term used by many institutions to describe a training regimen focused on the fundamentals of business management. Mini-MBA programs are typically non-credit bearing programs that require less than 100 hours of total learning. Mini MBA at mybskool.com is only a name given to a Capsule Program and is not a degree from any University or Business School.